JS
Posted By
James_Sc
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, I really need some help here. We have at work here PS CS on Mac g5’s with 2 g’s of ram. Every single time, on both machines, when attempting to use a motion blur filter, PS just decides to disappear? Every time. resarts dont help, nothing. Any idea’s? Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

G
graffiti
Jul 19, 2004
Have you deleted your preferences yet?
JS
James_Sc
Jul 19, 2004
Prefrences? Im not sure I follow? What prefrences do you mean?
G
graffiti
Jul 19, 2004
You have some preference files that can cause issues if they become corrupt.

To delete and re-create the preferences files, start Photoshop and, as it starts, hold down Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS), and then click Yes to the prompt "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

Settings like pallet locations will be reverted back to default.
JS
James_Sc
Jul 19, 2004
Ahhh, I did not know that. Thanks a million. It fixed the problem.
G
graffiti
Jul 19, 2004
Glad it worked.
JS
James_Sc
Jul 20, 2004
Well, it worked for about an hour or so, now, it’s back to quiting every time I do a motion blur. I have lots of jobs that need to be completed and one of them is in need of this effect. Any idea’s? Thanks?
R
Ram
Jul 20, 2004
James,

You may have some corruption in your account that is damaging your Photoshop preferences files. Try creating a new account and logging in as a different user.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 20, 2004
Also try running "Repair Permissions" from Disk Utility.

Or run Cocktail.
JS
James_Sc
Jul 21, 2004
Thanks. I’ll try that.

"repair permissions didn’t help"
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 21, 2004
It is very possible that you have bad, or badly matched, RAM in that particular machine.

Test by removing and exchanging one pair at a time and also check for loose internal connections of all cards and cables.
RC
Rich_Carroll
Aug 12, 2004
Are you by chance applying a motion blur using a right angle? 90 degrees or 180 or 270?
We found that by changing this to 91 degrees, the filter worked consistently.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections