B
Posted By
bixx
Aug 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone help me to achieve a rotational motion blur on a piece of rasterized text…I’ve done this quite recently, but I simply can’t remember how the hell I did it.

I want the text to resemble something like a propellor in motion; the text kind of large, circular and blurry around the edges and reasonably clean in middle. I have to have achieved this with the standard filters, but I’ve gone through a ton of them and can’t get the same effect!

Thanks
P

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ragnar
Aug 3, 2005
Filter / Blur / Radial Blur

🙂
John
B
bixx
Aug 3, 2005
Hi John
I tried that filter earlier on today and it didn’t work like I thought it would…it was VERY frustrating. I thought that I must have done it some other way. Ho hum. Only an hour before I get home and I can try again then!

Cheers mate
P

John Rampling wrote:

🙂
John
D
DBLEXPOSURE
Aug 3, 2005
"bixx" wrote in message
Can anyone help me to achieve a rotational motion blur on a piece of rasterized text…I’ve done this quite recently, but I simply can’t remember how the hell I did it.

I want the text to resemble something like a propellor in motion; the text kind of large, circular and blurry around the edges and reasonably clean in middle. I have to have achieved this with the standard filters, but I’ve gone through a ton of them and can’t get the same effect!

Thanks
P

Like this?

http://e-parts.netfirms.com/PROP.jpg

If so, I positioned the text the copied it to a new layer, then did a radial blur on the new layer after rasterizing it. leave the original text behind the blurred to achieve the best result.

Hope this helps

http://imagequest.netfirms.com
L
Larry
Aug 3, 2005
"bixx" wrote in message
Hi John
I tried that filter earlier on today and it didn’t work like I thought it would…it was VERY frustrating. I thought that I must have done it some other way. Ho hum. Only an hour before I get home and I can try again then!

Cheers mate
P

John Rampling wrote:

🙂
John

P- You’re probably not looking for blur.
Filter/Distort/Twirl

-alu

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections