D
Posted By
DeltaDeltaDelta
Nov 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a digital shot that’s motion blurred (when it was taken), not much, but still to spoil the quality. Is there anyway to nullify the motion blur using Photoshop 5? (if I understand it correctly, to compress the pixels somehow or however that can be achieved). Thanks for your replies.

Triple Delta

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

K
Kingdom
Nov 21, 2004
"DeltaDeltaDelta" wrote in
news:cnnslb$m1e$:

I have a digital shot that’s motion blurred (when it was taken), not much, but still to spoil the quality. Is there anyway to nullify the motion blur using Photoshop 5? (if I understand it correctly, to compress the pixels somehow or however that can be achieved). Thanks for your replies.

Triple Delta

You can make adjustments that may make it look better but you cannot eradicate motion blur!

There is no substitute for a steady hand when the shutter is fired

Youth is wasted on the young!
PW
Pjotr Wedersteers
Nov 21, 2004
Kingdom wrote:

Triple Delta

You can make adjustments that may make it look better but you cannot eradicate motion blur!

Apparantly some people have been working on actually a filter that does just that. It is based on the mathematical distribution of colour in a blurred image. I haven’t seen the results yet, but I heard it is feasible. Maybe someone else has more info on this, just wanted to let you know… Pjotr
N
noone
Nov 21, 2004
In article <41a0b941$0$78279$
says…
Kingdom wrote:

Triple Delta

Apparantly some people have been working on actually a filter that does just that. It is based on the mathematical distribution of colour in a blurred image. I haven’t seen the results yet, but I heard it is feasible. Maybe someone else has more info on this, just wanted to let you know… Pjotr

Yes, there is a plug-in(s) available, but I can’t find the URL right now. The results looked pretty good, so a Google search might yield some results. The outcome will be heavily dependent on the total quality you can live with.

Hunt
R
RSD99
Nov 21, 2004
Well, there is ‘Refocus’ (for The GIMP)
http://gnuweb.binarycompass.org/directory/graphics/misc/refo cus.html

And ‘FocusMagic’
http://www.focusmagic.com/

"Hunt" wrote in message
In article <41a0b941$0$78279$>,

says…
Kingdom wrote:

Triple Delta

Apparantly some people have been working on actually a filter that does
just
that. It is based on the mathematical distribution of colour in a
blurred
image. I haven’t seen the results yet, but I heard it is feasible. Maybe someone else has more info on this, just wanted to let you know… Pjotr

Yes, there is a plug-in(s) available, but I can’t find the URL right now.
The
results looked pretty good, so a Google search might yield some results.
The
outcome will be heavily dependent on the total quality you can live with.
Hunt
E
edjh
Nov 21, 2004
DeltaDeltaDelta wrote:
Triple Delta
Focus Magic can help a lot, but as the others have said, there’s no nullifying motion blur:

http://www.focusmagic.com/

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections