C
Posted By
chazcron
Apr 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If you’re using a G5 Dual 2Gig with 2 gigs of ram with OSX 10.3.3, make sure you save before you use the motion blur filter. You never know when it’s gonna blow.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NP
Navarro_Parker
Apr 22, 2004
That’s true with any filter on any OS with any version of any program. Gee, thanks for the heads up.

Save early… Save often!
RS
Rick_Stare
Apr 22, 2004
Navarro – gee, thanks for the helpful comment.

Chazcron – you’re not the first user to report the Motion Blur crash. I had one report of it from a designer in our studio, and a search here on this forum will show you others. The problem is that Adobe has not been able to reproduce the problem. If you have the recipe for how to make it crash consistently, report it again ASAP.
C
chazcron
Apr 28, 2004
Thanks Rick,

Nothing special comes to mind. Maybe i manually placed the cursor into the input field and dragged over the number right before it went away. I got that sinking feeling the second before I didit and almost knew it was going to happen again.
RS
Rick_Stare
Apr 28, 2004
Now I finally experienced the Motion Blur crash myself. It happened at home on my older G4 450mh with 768MB of RAM/Photoshop CS/OSX 10.3.3.

It happened four times in the last three days, but is not necessarily repeatable. No special recipe either. No matter what numbers you have for Angle and Distance, as soon as you click OK Photoshop just disappears.

At least one of the crashes came right after I relaunched Photoshop, opened one 18MB image and the first thing I did was the Motion Blur filter, so it’s not as if all the RAM was taken. I have the Crash Logs saved, but don’t know if they are of any help.

I repaired permissions and trashed the Photoshop prefs, and will keep trying.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections