ML
Posted By
Mike Latondresse
Dec 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am building up a still photo editing computer from components and the ASUS P4P800 DLX seems to be an attractive and straight forward motherboard. Is anyone else using this and what do you think of it. Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MD
Mike Davis
Dec 3, 2003
I looked at the Asus (last one I had was a CUV4X and it was fine) but opted for an MSI 865PE Neo2 for my P4 HT and that works great also.
J
JAS
Dec 3, 2003
Just built a new system over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Installed a P-4 running @ 2.8G. Two 512 Kingston sticks. Older Matrox G550 video card.

No issues at all and Photoshop CS is running like a dream.

"Mike Latondresse" wrote in message
I am building up a still photo editing computer from components and the ASUS P4P800 DLX seems to be an attractive and straight forward motherboard. Is anyone else using this and what do you think of it. Thank you.
NS
Not so quick
Dec 3, 2003
"mdavis" wrote in message
I looked at the Asus (last one I had was a CUV4X and it was fine) but
opted
for an MSI 865PE Neo2 for my P4 HT and that works great also.

That’s exactly the motherboard I bought.
Got a 2.4 with 800 frontside bus, Love it
except for the onboard audio, which I
replaced.
BD
Bill Davis Jr
Dec 3, 2003
Last June I wanted to build myself a new P4 based system. I am getting into Astrophotography and want to edit the photos in Photoshop.

My two previous motherboards I had were from Asus (P4S8X and P4PE). The P4S8X I could not get to run more then 2 days without getting a BSOD. Try everything I could to get it to run stable, but never did.

Then I got the P4PE. That install worked good for awhile. Then all of the sudden I would here a click for the hard drive as if it parked itself as if I powered down my system. Ran all kinds of hard drive utilities and found nothing wrong with the hard drive.

So I bought a Abit IC7-G. Same components that were in both the P4S8X and the P4PE went into the IC7-G. And the system has worked perfectly since early July. The only thing I did add was 2 Western Digital 36 gig Raptors running Raid 0. The other hard drives are for storage and a Scratch Disk.

If I had to add another system I would get another IC7-G.

Bill

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:12:27 GMT, Mike Latondresse
wrote:

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections