Posted By
Michael
Aug 22, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi.

Is there any change in CS4 to do a custom stretching?
What i have in mind is, that the middle area of the picture keeps its original size, but the further it goes to left or right, the more the picture will be stretched.

Can this be done with CS4?
And if so i would be glad of a short howto.

Thanks
Michi

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mike Russell
Aug 23, 2010
On Aug 22, 1:34 pm, Michael wrote:
Hi.

What i have in mind is, that the middle area of the picture keeps its original size, but the further it goes to left or right, the more the picture will be stretched.

Thanks
Michi

Yes, content aware scaling, as of CS5.. There’s one of many videos that show how this works, and how to use it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJy9PNU12hc&feature=relat ed

If you have CS4, you can get a similar result, with a bit more work, using the clone tool. If this is just a few images you need to do, remember you have a 30 day free trial available.

Mike
M
Michael
Aug 23, 2010
On 2010-08-23 07:13:55 +0200, Mike Russell said:

On Aug 22, 1:34 pm, Michael wrote:
Hi.

Thanks
Michi

Yes, content aware scaling, as of CS5.. There’s one of many videos that show how this works, and how to use it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJy9PNU12hc&feature=relat ed
If you have CS4, you can get a similar result, with a bit more work, using the clone tool. If this is just a few images you need to do, remember you have a 30 day free trial available.

Mike

Hi Mike.

CS4 has content aware scaling, too.
Gave it a try on different images and it worked quite well … if you have a decent object in the front or an image with sharp edges. Mainly I would like to use it on a countryside picture with pure Nature. But the result is quite disapointing.
I would love to set the "original area" and the scaling grade increase.

Seems I would have to do it by hand using the clone method you mentioned.

Well, it was worth a try.

Thanks for your help Mike.

Greetings
Michael

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections