BN
Posted By
Bruce_Newman
Sep 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This seems so basic but I can’t find a solution. I’m trying to print a custom page size (7" x 10") but when I go into Page Setup/Paper Size/Manage Custom Sizes, I only get units in cm. I’ve gone into Preferences and made changes to everything in order to display in inches but it has no effect on the Manage Custom Size units which are still in cm.

I have Mac OS X 10.4.7 and Photoshop 9.0.1.

Thanks for any help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JS
John_Slate
Sep 10, 2006
Can you select the "cm" and type "in"?
BN
Bruce_Newman
Sep 10, 2006
I can change the width from "cm" to "in" but as soon as I click into the height field I get an error message saying "Invalid number".
R
Ram
Sep 10, 2006
Try quitting Photoshop and trashing your preferences:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331483.html>
JS
John_Slate
Sep 10, 2006
Oddly enough, when I try to change those units from "in" to "cm" (the exact opposite of Bruce) I get the same "invalid number" error. (using CS1)

So it seems like there must be a preference somewhere, but damned if I can find it either.

Could it be a function of the PPD being used?
BN
Bruce_Newman
Sep 10, 2006
I just tried trashing prefs and I got the same "invalid number" error again. Thanks, John and Ramon for helping with this!
R
Ram
Sep 10, 2006
What do you have selected in your Photoshop preferences?

Photoshop menu > Preferences > Units > Rulers

I thought Bruce had selected inches but was getting cm.
BN
Bruce_Newman
Sep 10, 2006
Under Units & Rulers", I have selected "Rulers: inches" and "Type: points". In Page Setup, the default is all in "cm" for some reason. When I try to change it to inches, I get the "Invalid Number" error.
R
Ram
Sep 10, 2006
In Page Setup your printer driver takes over. We need details of your printer and the version of its driver.
BN
Bruce_Newman
Sep 11, 2006
My printer is a Canon iP3000 but I don’t know anything about a printer driver. I just installed the software that came with it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections