cp
Jan 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello. need help here.
I’m making a banner for a website using photoshop 7.0
I make the canvas the correct size and everything.
then when i go to paint the canvas with the paint bucket or gradiant tool (i like to use the gradiant tool) it doesn’t change the color in the forground and back ground boxes. will double click on the far left box and find a color i like and then it wont’ change it to that color it will only change it to a darker or lighter color grey. what am i missing. why can’t i change the colors???
please help me..
thank you

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

A
Avery
Jan 18, 2006
On 17 Jan 2006 17:05:25 -0800, "cp" wrote:

hello. need help here.
then when i go to paint the canvas with the paint bucket or gradiant tool (i like to use the gradiant tool) it doesn’t change the color in the forground and back ground boxes. will double click on the far left box and find a color i like and then it wont’ change it to that color it will only change it to a darker or lighter color grey. what am i missing. why can’t i change the colors???
please help me..
thank you

Try the menu Image > mode> RGB.

You probably have grey scale selected.
C
cp
Jan 18, 2006
oh my god! how stupid. very simple thing..was just messed up . thought it was something way. else. was looking forever. eye’s not open.
thanks
HL
Harry Limey
Jan 18, 2006
"cp" wrote in message
hello. need help here.
then when i go to paint the canvas with the paint bucket or gradiant tool

Don’t ever use the paint bucket tool, ( The Paint Bucket tool fills adjacent pixels that are similar in colour value to the pixels you click. ) Use the ‘Fill’ option from the edit menu.
T
Tacit
Jan 18, 2006
In article ,
"cp" wrote:

hello. need help here.
then when i go to paint the canvas with the paint bucket or gradiant tool (i like to use the gradiant tool) it doesn’t change the color in the forground and back ground boxes. will double click on the far left box and find a color i like and then it wont’ change it to that color it will only change it to a darker or lighter color grey.

Your image is in grayscale (Image->Mode->Grayscale). You need to change it to RGB.

By the way, the Paint Bucket tool **is not** a fill tool. If your goal is to fill a selected area with color, that is not what the Paint Bucket is for. To fill a selected area with the foreground color, you do not use a tool at all. You hold down the ALT key on your keyboard and press the Backspace key.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections