M
Posted By
markscalise
Oct 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Recently upgraded (downgraded?) from CS2 to CS3. When I go to print my image and view the preview, it’s stretched out in the print preview, as if it’s trying to scale it to the proportions of the 8.5 x 11 paper. I did not have this issue with CS2, and have not changed any printer settings. "Scale to fit media" is not selected in the print settings. There are also 2 buttons for printing in portrait or landscape orientation. When I click the portrait button, it makes the preview look like it’s in landscape orientation, and vice versa with the landscape button. No matter what I do the image does not appear in its proper proportions, and doesn’t print with the proper proportions.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
markscalise
Oct 24, 2007
On Oct 23, 7:50 pm, Mark Scalise wrote:
Recently upgraded (downgraded?) from CS2 to CS3. When I go to print my image and view the preview, it’s stretched out in the print preview, as if it’s trying to scale it to the proportions of the 8.5 x 11 paper. I did not have this issue with CS2, and have not changed any printer settings. "Scale to fit media" is not selected in the print settings. There are also 2 buttons for printing in portrait or landscape orientation. When I click the portrait button, it makes the preview look like it’s in landscape orientation, and vice versa with the landscape button. No matter what I do the image does not appear in its proper proportions, and doesn’t print with the proper proportions.

OK, apparently you have to make sure your printer is set to a "square" resolution, like 600×600. So I did that, and tried to print again. Now the image is proportioned correctly, but sized too large. In the Scale Print Size box, I had to re-enter the dimensions I wanted it to print to. So that worked. Then, I opened another document and went to print. CS3 had reset the printer resolution to 1200 x 600, so the image appeared stretched, again. Another annoying thing is CS3 asking if I want to save changes to the doc after I printed it. I didn’t make any changes!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections