Posted By
Martyn_Button
Feb 27, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

My daughter is studying for her GCSE’s and one element is Design Technology where she has photographic assignments.

Does anyone know if a letter of confirmation from her school confirming that she is a pupil there and is studying for GCSEs would be sufficient for Adobe’s needs?

Thanks

Martyn

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bob Levine
Feb 27, 2009
A student ID should be sufficient.

Bob
MB
Martyn_Button
Feb 27, 2009
Thanks Bob,

I wanted to make sure before I buy the student edition and find that my 15 year old does not qualify.

Thanks again.

Martyn
DM
Don_McCahill
Feb 27, 2009
Your 15 year old probably does not qualify for the student edition, if she is in high school. Student edition is only available for post secondary students.

There is an educational version that is available to high school students. You want to buy this one.
MB
Martyn_Button
Feb 27, 2009
Thanks Don,

Just spotted this on the Amazon Web site:

Proof of Eligibility Required:
Students will be required to provide proof of their current student status to install the products. Students must be enrolled in a degree-granting program at an acceptable Education Institution (being a bona fide university or college — including community, junior and vocational colleges or other further education colleges — that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two (2) years of full time study) OR Students must be enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction.
This license may only be used on a privately-owned computer. Full details of the process for submitting proof of status can be found in the box.

Looks like she’ll be OK as it specifically mentions Secondary School. I am still fearful though, just not knowing what the final outcome will be. I have posted a question direct to Adobe to see if I can get an official response.

Martyn
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Feb 27, 2009
Check out the red text in this graphic…

<http://www.adobe.com/education/images/cs4_edu_home_fma.jpg>

From the page:
<http://www.adobe.com/education/>
MB
Martyn_Button
Feb 27, 2009
Jim,

I wonder if there is a difference between the US and European requirements. On the UK version of the requirements it does indicate that secondary schools are eligible. The cost is approximately £150.

I do think this is pretty confusing though.

Martyn
MB
Martyn_Button
Feb 27, 2009
Jim,

I wonder if there is a difference between the US and European requirements. On the UK version of the requirements it does indicate that secondary schools are eligible. The cost is approximately £150.

I do think this is pretty confusing though.

Martyn

UK
GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Feb 27, 2009
Martyn, I came across this Adobe UK page

< https://store2.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?event= displayEduConditions&store=OLS-EDU-UK>

This mentions PS CS4 extended for £155.
Geoff.
MB
Martyn_Button
Feb 27, 2009
Thanks Geoff,

Just the ticket.

Martyn

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections