FM
Posted By
Fred_Monroe
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am looking to upgrade but will be buying a new powerbook at the same time. Would I be able to make a clean install from the upgrade edition by merely entering my Photoshop 7 key or do I need to install 7 then the CS upgrade? At the same time, I am selling my old Mac to a friend who has been using a PC. Will he be able to use his Photoshop CS Windows key to install the Mac version or will he be required to purchase a full new version.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 20, 2004
I am fairly sure that you can make a clean install of CS from the upgrade edition by merely entering your Photoshop 7 SN.

Your friend will need to call Customer Support and purchase a "cross-grade" from Windows to Mac.
FM
Fred_Monroe
Feb 20, 2004
Thank you very much, that was all I was looking for
AS
andrew_spiering
Feb 20, 2004
the Windows serial usually works with the mac version of CS
CW
Carl_Wimmer
Feb 20, 2004
Our high school art/photo club purchased Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10, etc.) at the beginning of the school year. We would like to upgrade to Photoshop CS without the expense of purchasing the whole suite again (most of which goes unused.) Will the retail version of CS upgrade work on an educational edition? This would save us a lot of money.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections