What’s required to be in W2K "Start-UP" folder?

NM
Posted By
nelson_moffat
Jan 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
W2K, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2, Acrobat 6, new Dell 1901FP monitor. My StartUp folder contains Adobe Gamma Loader and Adobe Gamma Loader.exe as well as Acrobat Assistant. My question is, do those programs need to use start-up resources on boot? Are they still necessary programs? Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
brent_bertram
Jan 19, 2004
The Gamma loader.exe file is necessary to load your created monitor profile and adjust your display on startup. That really is necessary, although if you remembered to run it manually before using Elements, that would work , too. Acrobat Assistant is not really necessary in startup . Acrobat works without it .

🙂

Brent
PA
Patti_Anderson
Jan 19, 2004
Actually, you DO need Acrobat Assistant in Startup. I unchecked it once and then I couldn’t do PDF’s from anything but Acrobat itself. I found out the reason by searching for "startup" in Adobe’s knowledge base files. You must have it in Startup to do PDF’s (run the Distiller) from other Windows applications, including MS Word.

Patti
NM
nelson_moffat
Jan 19, 2004
Thanks to Brent and Patti! I’ll keep them there.

Nelson
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 19, 2004
Told you it’d get buried in the other one Nelson! 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections