Hotkeys problem in Windows 64-bit edition!!

CD
Posted By
Chris_D_Anderson
Jun 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all…i’m new to the forums. Running Photoshop CS

I just installed Windows 64-bit edition on my computer here at work, and running photoshop, i noticed that i can’t do things like "CTRL-T", and "nudge" doesn’t work either. In fact, the only keys that still function are the tool shortcuts (‘b’ for paintbrush, ‘v’ for move, etc)
CTRL also functions by itself, like when i’m using the Move tool, i am still able to hit CTRL to use the layer selection tool.

Anyone else have this problem? It’s really killing my productivity, and i’m wondering if there are any more known issues between CS and Windows 64-bit.

Any help is appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 4, 2004
there’s a known issue in using cs with the activation crack that causes the crtl key to fail in hotkeys. remove the crack if running it.

there’s another issue with some keyboard drivers needing to be updated, especially wireless, and especially logitech keyboards (i may have heard ms wireless ‘boards too.) update the keyboard drivers if you’re not running the activation crack.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 4, 2004
And you’re running an OS that is still in beta….
CD
Chris_D_Anderson
Jun 4, 2004
Alright, thanks Dave! it was my keyboard drivers.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 4, 2004
cool beans. how’s that os? anything different or is it pretty much just xp?
CD
Chris_D_Anderson
Jun 4, 2004
it’s definitely nothing like XP (doesn’t use the Luna scheme) it reminds me most of Windows 2000/NT. It’s super-stable, from what i can tell, and it’s faster than anything i’ve ever used. It’s a night and day difference going from XP to Windows 64 bit. Photoshop loads in under a second and a half!!! i’m running a 3200+ Athlon 64, (sadly not the FX version) with 512 megs of PC3200 ram, and a 7200RMP hard drive (160GB), along with a GeforceFX 5200.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 4, 2004
shweet.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jun 5, 2004
Funny thing about Logitech. In order to have a problem free keyboard, I am running the Logitech with MS Keyboard software. Most of what I lose I never use anyway.

64 bit you say? A second and a half you say?

Sigh!
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 5, 2004
Chris A, are you running Photoshop in a 32bit emulation mode ? Do you have a dual boot on the machine? are you sure that all the settings are the same for Photoshop in 64bit wp and 32bit XP?

Chris C, could Photoshop use NUMA (Non Uniform Memory Access) of some dual processor boards that give so stunning memory bandwidth results < http://techreport.com/reviews/2004q2/dually-opterons/index.x ?pg=8> , or would Photoshop need to be rewritten for that as well?
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jun 5, 2004
The most impotant item to me that needs attention is the 2G limit on memory capabilities, by both the OS and Adobe. With memory allocations quadrupling when the memory available to PSCS exceeds 1G, we are getting nowhere fast (or is it everyhere much slower!).
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 7, 2004
bump… Chris, and Chris?
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 9, 2004
Chis (Cox) would the CURRENT version of Photoshop use all the bandwith of a NUMA aware os, on a NUMA motherboard?, or not?
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 10, 2004
Pierre – no, Photoshop is not NUMA aware.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 10, 2004
Thank you for the information, Chris! I guessed/feared that the applications as well needed to be NUMA aware…

As for the speedup that Chris A experienced, I’m leaning towards placebo effect…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections