Posted By
chris_farrell
Nov 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I haven’t had the time to try them…..ver180.48

Hope they help some peeps out there with issues.

Chris

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Pickman
Nov 22, 2008
Thanks for the info. In my case they do not change a thing. Maybe next update does….
X
xrdbear
Nov 23, 2008
Unfortunately it doesn’t cover my 8600GT so it doesn’t help. Do you think that means they no longer support the card? I’ve only had it a month or so!

Brian
M
malojo
Nov 23, 2008
Yeah it fixed my issue. Thanks Pickman,

Brian, at first I had the same issue you have with my smaller 8400gs card. There is a trick to keep it alive.
Install the lastest driver for your card. Afterwards install the new one without removing the older one.
Doing that, my 8400GS use the new driver.

Regards,

Matthias
CF
chris_farrell
Nov 23, 2008
:O
DT
dianne_taylor-misztela
Nov 23, 2008
Anyone else think its a good idea to install this driver even if your card is not listed? I have the 8600GT as well.

I am not experiencing the lag….but every once in a while(go figure) I get the message OGL has to shut down. I have it back by turning it back on in preferences & restarting PS. I would like to be rid of the nuisance!

D
CF
chris_farrell
Nov 23, 2008
I wouldn’t recommend it…

If it’s not listed in the driver finder thing from nVidia ( see link ) then don’t install the 180.48… as it may cause more conflicts.

<http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us>
X
xrdbear
Nov 23, 2008
To be clear I tried to install the new driver over my existing 178.24 driver but the installer came up with a message saying no compatible card can be found and exited the installation. Indeed nVidia do not list anything below an 8800 card as compatible with this new driver so that lets out my EN8600GT

Brian

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections