DN
Posted By
DS_Nelson
May 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I see that a new ATI Radeon driver is now available. Version 4.5. However, the well-known issue concerning the disabling of Adobe Gamma is not mentioned. It’s not mentioned in the "fixed in this driver" readme, and it’s not mentioned in the "known issues" readme. I would have expected to see it one place or the other.

Are there any brave souls that have tried this driver yet?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JH
Jake_Hannam
May 13, 2004
I was wondering the same thing …
CM
Craig_McWalter
May 13, 2004
There’s a hot fix for it. Look here:

<http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4501.html>

Works okay here with 4.4 drivers. Not sure if you have to reapply it each time you upgrade your driver or not.
DM
dave_milbut
May 13, 2004
I downloaded them yesterday but haven’t gone through the caniptions of uninstalling/reinstalling everything yet. so who’s gonna go first? 🙂
DN
DS_Nelson
May 13, 2004
Not me!
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
May 13, 2004
Ooooooh! Chicken Fight!!!!!!!!!!!
DN
DS_Nelson
May 13, 2004
bwaaaa bw bw bwaaaaa

(I just realized I have no idea how to spell chicken noises!)
ML
Mathew_Lodge
May 14, 2004
Nope, Adobe Gamma doesn’t work with the 4.5 drivers.

To quote Monty Python: "Run Away! Run Away!"

Cheers,

Mathew
ML
Mathew_Lodge
May 14, 2004
Oh, and if you install the "gamma hotfix", it will revert you to Catalyst 4.4 drivers. And there does not seem to be a hotfix for 4.5 like there is for 4.4…

Mathew
DM
dave_milbut
May 14, 2004
bummer.
GC
Graeme Cogger
May 15, 2004
In article ,
says…
Oh, and if you install the "gamma hotfix", it will revert you to Catalyst 4.4 drivers. And there does not seem to be a hotfix for 4.5 like there is for 4.4…

Mathew
It seems typical for ATI, I’m afraid. It’s not the first time they’ve acknowledged an easy to fix problem, but simply not bothered to do so 🙁
JH
Jake_Hannam
Jun 7, 2004
If I had it to do over, I guess I would not have bought an ATI card because of the Adobe Gamma issue.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 7, 2004
I don’t know. My big thing is game performance and the tv (all in wonder 9700 pro). this is still a great card.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections