D
Posted By
darkane666
Jul 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
like the topic posted here last year my screen goes black&white when using any calibration/gamma tool on win2k -note that this doesn’t happen on 98- remember
YrbkMgr? ur suggestion was to use new display drivers or setting acceleration to minimum when i tried that the colors didn’t go away i got rid of the horrible black&white view but after trying the gamma tools i found out why the black&white is gone unfortunately the new configuration of low acc. or updated driver caused the system to any change in gamma moving the sliding bar has no effect on the screen at all use win2k sp3 and stb velocity 128 (nvidia riva 128) what do u think ? is there a chance for me or i ll need to buy a new display card like matt?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 31, 2004
Make sure you are set to 24/32 bit display depth and make a new profile using Adobe Gamma, as explained in the FAQ.
JX
JOSEPH_X_JONES
Aug 1, 2004
This may or may not be of help. I ran into the blank screen using Adobe Gamma the other day also. This is what I finally determined.

My monitor has been profiled using Colorvision Optical and Spyder. I have the Adobe Gamma loader disabled. I just started Adobe Gamma to have a quick check. It, of course loaded the default monitor profile that was generated with Optical. That was the problem.

I then loaded in a profile that was originally used for my monitor, and presto Adobe Gamma working just fine.

Conclusion, Adobe Gamma and Colorvision Optical profiles are not compatible. No problem for me really, but this shouldn’t happen.

All this on Windows 98SE, PS7.01, ATI Radeon 7200 and Sony g500.

Joe.
D
darkane666
Aug 2, 2004
well using 32bit gives more shades of grey that’s it 🙂 but no real colors and i tried using new proflle i even used another software ,freeware actually called quick gamma and it gave the same results which means that’s all about display card’s drier for windows 2000
CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 3, 2004
The profiles are very much compatible.

But you should only use one calibrator at a time, and one calibration loading program.

This is explained in the manual and README for Optical.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections