Posted By
Scott_Weichert
Sep 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 26, 2008
My first impression.. click is much more accurate on my Intel Mac running OS10.5.5. I have been having a terrible time with double-click in the Finder especially. Often having to double click many times before it actually registers. This new driver seems to fix much of that issue.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 26, 2008
Thank you so much for that Scot.

I have just installed it and it seems to have cured the maddening tendency for the Sliders in ACR to skitter when I adjust them and not stay where I put them!

[Older Intuos GD and a G5 on OSX 10.4.11.]
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Sep 27, 2008
I got no problems with the old driver, never did. Think I will avoid upgrading because for me it works just fine. Im 10.5.5 CS3 too. Are there any functional or interface improvements in the new driver?

Scott theres a double click distance setting in the preference pane, and it sounds like you had set too narrow.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 27, 2008
Mark, I’ve played with Double click settings for months and could never get an accurate double-click until I updated to this more recent driver. Been using a tablet for about 10 years and this was a first. Are you on 10.5.5 PPC or Intel?
B
Buko
Sep 27, 2008
Works fine on Tiger here.
LO
Les_O_Neill
Sep 27, 2008
Hi Scott

I’ve had the same problem as you for months now, my solution was to map the double click function to ‘Command + O’ (open) just for the finder app. It’s been driving me bonkers as I’ve never been sure if it was a driver or an OS issue. Can’t wait to get back to work to test the new driver.

Cheers
Les
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Sep 28, 2008
I’m on an Intel mac pro Scott – does this issue change because of that?
SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 28, 2008
Not sure, Mark. I’ve simply noticed it on my machines, which are all Intel based. I was curious.

As I posted, I’ve been a tablet user for a very long time and it was only under 10.5.4 and 10.5.4 with WACOM driver 6.0.8-2 that the double-click was a problem, and primarily in the Finder. The new driver seems to have cured the issue.
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Sep 28, 2008
I’ve got no problems with double clicking in the finder. I’m using an Intuos 3. Must be some other piece of software interfering – maybe a special mouse driver?
SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 28, 2008
Mark, I appreciate the effort, but trust me, it was the Wacom driver here. I don’t run any other input devices, just the tablet 100% of the time.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections