Posted By
Antti Ussa
Sep 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

What can be wrong with my PS 6 batch-processing procedures? I have been trying to batch process a folder of jpg-files using one of my own macros (only to resize jpg images to 600 px width). I noticed that batch-processing saves files using the same jpg-quality, that was last used. So I tried to choose the quality-settings by saving one of my files. Anyway, when I start the batch-process, Photoshop resets the quality to maximum, making my files way too large in filesize.

???

-antti-

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 15, 2003
See this thread for how to automate your processing:

YrbkMgr "Why PS7 is asking me JPG options ? 6.0 doesnt." 9/15/03 9:44am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>
AU
Antti Ussa
Sep 15, 2003
"YrbkMgr" kirjoitti
viestissä:
See this thread for how to automate your processing:

YrbkMgr "Why PS7 is asking me JPG options ? 6.0 doesnt." 9/15/03 9:44am
</cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

OK. I got it. At first glance, it didn’t seem to be the answer to my problem, but as I tried it, it really works that way. You can decide the destination folder when running the batch. Maybe my mistake was, that I tried to save with "Save for web"-command. Who knows?

Thanks!

-antti-

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections