Posted By
YrbkMgr
Aug 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Danny,

Is it installed as part of native CS2 or after the fact as an add-on?

After the fact add on – like many JS that folks write. One has to go to Russell Browns site and go get it. It’s quite nice, really.

Is there an option to traverse nested folders?

I’m out of town on a laptop without PS at the moment so I can’t check; but the applet is used from bridge. Selecting the folder from the folder tree processes only that folder, selecting all of the items on the right (including subfolders) process those. I can’t remember if he put a tick box in for subfolders, but it’s so complete, I can’t imagine that he didn’t.

Also, fwiw, since the advent of bridge, the processing of folders and subfolders with batch actions or JS is an order of magnitude easier.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Aug 22, 2006
And in case you haven’t found it yet, the Russell Brown website is <http://www.russellbrown.com> — lots of good stuff there!
DR
Danny Raphael
Aug 22, 2006
Tony:

I can’t remember if he put a tick box in for subfolders

1. After viewing the script GUI via the tutorial movie, there does not appear to be such an option. If one can (in effect) select multiple folders in Bridge to identify the source images, this would be serve the equivalent purpose. It’s not clear to me from your reply if that’s doable or not.

2. If the script assembles the selected text into a PS Text layer AND doesn’t flatten a file to be saved in .psd format, that would give one an option on text placement (via separate batch process) vs. always across the bottom. Next time you’re experimenting, this would be interesting to know.

Happy traveling. 🙂

———-

Michael: Thx for the link.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections