Posted By
higgsy
Oct 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I have a standard Photoshop license that i am using in a corporate environment.

Given this, am i able to install it on a virtual machine, and then have people connect to it via remote desktop and use the software as required?

Or is this cheating?

Tim

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BL
Bob Levine
Oct 23, 2008
That would be a clear violation of the license.

Bob
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 23, 2008
And a recipe for performance difficulties. One user on one computer can tax the software. Trying to run several users would be chaos.
H
higgsy
Oct 23, 2008
Hi. The users would not be connecting at the same time. just whenever they need it. does that change anything?
BL
Bob Levine
Oct 23, 2008
No.

Bob
H
higgsy
Oct 23, 2008
thanks Bob, we’ll purchase another license.

This usage scenario would work quite well for us it were possible so I wonder if Software vendors will start introducing products with a licensing scheme to deal with this type scenario. I guess that’s a debate for a different forum….

there must be others out there who have come across this issue because we are visualizing a lot of our servers and increasingly desktops
P
PeterK.
Oct 23, 2008
I think that as long as only one person is running the software at one time, you would be ok. If the software is registered to the company, any of it’s employees should be able to use one instance of the software. If you have a way to ensure that only one instance of the software runs at any one time, your company would be fine.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections