Nov 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Beginning the other day, when I have an image open – (like a .jpg),

and I use the menu (Image-Adjustments-Brightness/Contrast) The typical

Brightness/Contrast Dual slider box does not open. The cursor becomes the

eyedropper tool and I can’t get out of it. The program basically freezes.

No other buttons work, no other menu options work (except the View and Window bars)

The eye dropper tool does work, but that doesn’t really help me any.

I have to go into the Windows Task Manager and end the Process to get out of it.

What is happening?

Thanks!!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 17, 2003
Have you changed screen resolutions lately or had a dual monitor setup? If so, check the faq for "Dialog Box Missing".

Peace,
Tony
EH
eric_huggins
Nov 17, 2003
Tony,

Thanks, I also read this post with the same issue.

"When opening a tool (like levels),eyedropper appears-prog.locks up"

Anyway,

I haven’t had two monitors but I had recently decreased the screen resolution from 1280×1024 to 1024×768.

So, following your advice, I changed it back to the higher resolution and the dialog box was in the far corner – hiding.

I draged it back to the center of the screen, moved my screen resolution back to where I wanted it and restarted photoshop and (like magic), it was there.

Thank you!!!!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections