PL
Posted By
Paul L
Oct 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I open up a raw file, make all my adjustments, save it as psd, no problem, but when I Save for Web the colors muted. I’ve also opened the psd directly into Fireworks, and the color looks like the Save for Web version from Photoshop.

So the question is, why would an open psd in Photoshop look different than the same psd in Fireworks, and why would a psd look different when saved as a jpg?

I’ve been using PS since version 7 and this is the first time I’ve seen this problem (I’m using CS2 now).

thanks in advance,
paul

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PL
Paul L
Oct 31, 2005
Figured it out – had to convert color profiles.

thanks anyway 🙂

"Paul L" wrote in message I open up a raw file, make all my adjustments, save it as psd, no problem, but when I Save for Web the colors muted. I’ve also opened the psd directly into Fireworks, and the color looks like the Save for Web version from Photoshop.

So the question is, why would an open psd in Photoshop look different than the same psd in Fireworks, and why would a psd look different when saved as a jpg?

I’ve been using PS since version 7 and this is the first time I’ve seen this problem (I’m using CS2 now).

thanks in advance,
paul

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections