Missing fonts Panther and Photoshop Issues?

TL
Posted By
Tom_Lucas
Feb 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi –
Last week I upgraded to panther latest rev. Using PS 7.x – font manager is Apple Font Book I feel I don’t have too many fonts loaded, but I Photoshop can’t see the half of them. Imageready does not have the same issue, nor does any other application. I also downloaded the Photoshop CS try out- Same issue.
What give here with Photoshop and Panther- Bad install? A reinstall of Photoshop did not resolve? Is it Panther? Adobe please assist me with an answer!
Thanks Tom

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Feb 17, 2004
This has been covered many times.

Do a search for fonts or fonts and display.

I feel I don’t have too many fonts loaded.

and how many is that? font book doesn’t seem to like collections of more than 100 or so. Its not really a pro font manager.
TL
Tom_Lucas
Feb 17, 2004
Please be nice- I did no a search for fonts and display – The answer to my question was not addressed. Is there no resolve other than DRAMATICALLY limiting the number of fonts I can have loaded at one time. I have about 35 collections with limited number of fonts enabled within each collection. This is not the issue – rather Photoshop VS Panther.
Bad install or that is just how the two interact or better said don’t interact. Would FAP be a resolve or simple a better manager?
Thanks Tom
R
Ram
Feb 17, 2004
Even Photoshop 7.0.1 under Mac OS 9.2.2 or Jaguar has issues if you have too many fonts activated at once. This is not only with CS and Panther.

It hasn’t bothered me because I very, very seldom use fonts in Photoshop, but in 7.0.1 I can never see all my active fonts, even though I do use a font manager. There are always a few that don’t get listed.
B
Buko
Feb 17, 2004
Well here’s 4 threads about fonts. there’s more if you look.

JasonSmith "How Many Fonts" 1/21/04 1:44pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

Wade Zimmerman "Fonts in PhotoShop" 1/1/04 8:12pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

Ann Shelbourne "not all installed fonts appear" 10/28/03 2:01pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

Scott Weichert "fonts!!" 11/30/03 12:03pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections