CS
Posted By
Christine_S
Sep 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok, I have a question that I suppose could either be posted here or in the Dreamweaver forums and I will probably ultimately do both. When I create text or images with an outerglow and put them in Dreamweaver it isnt a glow anymore but instead a solid smudge. Why?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Sep 17, 2008
what format are you saving it. is there transparency? note that gif only supports one level of transparency, png supports (many).
CS
Christine_S
Sep 17, 2008
I’m sorry. I should have stated the format. I know jpeg cannot support transparency at all so I always use .gif and that has worked just fine when I want a transparent background. So you say it only supports one level of transparency? Maybe thats why it wont make the outerglow look transparent-like. Can photoshop save as a .png? I know Fireworks saves animations as .png unless I want to upload it as an animated .gif. I never knew it was .gif that cannot support outerglow transparency.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 17, 2008
Can photoshop save as a .png?

the most expensive image editor on the planet?!! it better! 🙂

know Fireworks saves animations as .png

don’t use that. it’s a very proprietary format – extending the png spec beyond what it’s supposed to be used for.

saving a standard png out of photoshop, or any other app, should be fine though. use file> "save for web and devices" to gain more control over the png output.

(that menu item is just "save for web" pre-cs3)
P
Phosphor
Sep 18, 2008
"it’s a very proprietary format – extending the png spec beyond what it’s supposed to be used for."

Dang shame motion png (or .mng, Multiple-image Network Graphics) didn’t catch fire. It could be really useful.

<http://www.libpng.org/pub/mng/>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections