Posted By
Mattias_Nor
Apr 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi!
I have a problem. An image I have created should be used as a print on a CD. It will be a 3 colour screen print.

What is the best way to do this?
I tried to convert the image to tritone, but I felt I had no control over the colours. I need to get as close to the original as possible with only 3 colours.

Whad does do someone who is printing a CD expect from me? A tritone image? An RGB image? 3 different images (one for each colour)?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RW
Rene_Walling
Apr 28, 2004
Whad does do someone who is printing a CD expect from me? A tritone image? An RGB image? 3 different images (one for each colour)?

Why don’t you ask them? different printers have different requirements.

For what it’s worth, I would explore the options of spot colour channels and DCS2 files
L
LenHewitt
Apr 29, 2004
For spot colours you will need to create spot colour channels and create each colour’s content in the appropriate spot channel.

Spot Channels by default overprint, so if you want any knock-outs you will need to create those manually by deleting content from all other channels

You will also need ton Save as DCS-2 EPS multiple file with Colour Composite, 8-bit TIFF preview and ASCII encoding.

But DO talk to the printer first!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections