S
Posted By
sajantt
Jan 13, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to create a 3D composite photograph of a person using photoshop?

My 13-year-old wants to design her own clothes, for which she wants to create a 3-D dummy of herself. She was asking me today whether a series of full-length photos of her standing motionless on a revolving platform, could be combined using Photoshop (or some other program to make a 3D composite image. (I own Creative Suite 2.)

sajant

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
Jim_Jordan
Jan 13, 2009
CS2 has no 3D capabilities like this.

Supposing you had an existing 3D image-mapped model of your daughter, you could load that into Photoshop CS3 or CS4 Extended to paint new clothes.

The trick is making that model, which Photoshop alone will not do for you. You could use makehuman.org to create a similar body type and go from there.
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 13, 2009
Poser is a good tool for making the model, and these can be exported into other 3D program. They have a 30 day trial, which is limited to one male model (the full program has both genders, and several ages/builds to start from) but it will give you an idea. You can build clothes in Poser, but it is not the easiest program to do so.
P
PeterK.
Jan 13, 2009
There is software out there that allows one to take photos as described and create 3d objects out of them. I don’t know the names offhand but google searching for making 3d from photos should turn up some hits.
JM
J_Maloney
Jan 13, 2009
<http://www.strata.com/foto3d.asp>

Never used it, can’t recommend it…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections