MM
Posted By
Mike_Morrell
May 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I changed my preferences to remove the check-box "prefer Adobe camera RAW for Jpeg and TIFF files" , restarted Bridge and tried to open a JPEG from bridge directly into photoshop. But double clicking on the image in bridge opened "paint".

So I change the Bridge preferences back to Prefer ACR for JPEG again, restart Bridge, and then bridge tells me that it cannot find Photoshop CS2. CS2 is not even loaded on this machine anymore.

So then I go to the file type associations preferences and "browse" to the CS3 version of photoshop, restart bridge, and double click on a JPEG and it again says that CS2 cannot be found. I change the association again using the "browse" to CS3 and then it opens the image up in "Paint" again.

Why won’t Bridge open JPEG’s in ACR anymore?

Why won’t bridge open JPEG’s in Photoshop CS3 anymore?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

G
gowanoh
May 7, 2008
For many months after installing the product, despite setting and resetting preferences, my installation of Bridge would not open jpegs and tiffs in the ARC unless I right clicked on the file and selected that option. Occasionally double clicking on a jpeg or tiff would open it in some other program although the file type was not associated with that program. Now Bridge works like it is supposed to, so I assume Adobe fixed this in one of its updates.
At the time Adobe, in true Microsoft style, denied this was possible and Bridge was perfect and stable in every way, much as Microsoft defends Vista. So I would recommend that you go into Windows Explorer, presuming you are using some flavor of Windows, and set the file associations for jpegs and tiffs to CS3. Make sure the icons for tiff and jpegs in Explorer are the PS icon and not something else.
Run the Adobe updater from CS3, if you have not already done so. Reboot.
Pray.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections