CS3 Pref File Corrupts almost every time I open a photo from Bridge

Posted By
10A6659338F2883E992001AC
May 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the latest version of CS3 and Bridge. When I open a photo from Bridge either by "open" or simply dragging the photo from bridge to CS3, the pref file gets corrupted and I have shut CS3 down, then relaunch with CONTROL/ALT/SHIFT to delete the pref file, reload my workspace, and try again. It typically takes 3 or 4 tries beife I can open a picture with out corrupting my prefs file.

This has been going on for months, since I upgrade from CS2. I can;t live with this anymore.

My drop downs just blinks, my cursor shakes like a tremble, and many other problems. Once I get a new pref file, and am able to open a photo, all is well for that editing session.

Please help Adobe.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
May 10, 2008
There’s something very unstable about your computer. We’d need exact system specs to even begin to figure out what this is.

Bob
10A6659338F2883E992001AC
May 10, 2008
Thanks for replying. Actually my computer is very stable. I build them for living, my career is in IT. This started when CS2 was updated to CS3. I built this computer from scratch about 6 months ago. It never crashes. Everything runs perfectly well expect this issue. I do use it for a lot of things though, so there is a lot of software installed. Perhaps there is a conflict, but I do not think that is it either. I suepcted an uninstall and reinstall of CS3 and bridge would fix this, but I have been avoiding that (I have so many plug-ins that would have to be reinstalled).

Before I did the resinstall, I was grasping that perhaps this had happened to someone else and there was a silver bullet fix.

I am running XP Pro, SP 2 with all of the latest patches. Intel Core Duo 6700 processor, 2.66 GHz, 4 GB of DDR (I know just 3.25 GB is recognized)

ASUS P5K-Deluxe P35 socket 775 Motherboard

All SATA drives, with about 6 terabytes of internal storage and the same amount connected via my home network.

Triple Eizo LCD ColorEdge monitors, connected to dual Matrox Parhelia APVe graphics cards.

SATA DVD Drive and a Sony Blu-ray recorder
DM
dave_milbut
May 10, 2008
video driver updated?
10A6659338F2883E992001AC
May 10, 2008
I’ll give that a try Dave. Thanks for the suggestion. The cards were new whne I bult the workstation, but of course that does not mean that the CD had the latest drivers.
DM
dave_milbut
May 11, 2008
you mean you have a 6 mos old machine and NEVER checked for newer drivers?!! that’s the 1st thing i do when i build! 🙂

good luck.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections