JW
Posted By
Jeff Wright
Apr 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently purchased Elements 6, and a Dell 20" monitor. Now all the pictures in the organizer and edit mode appear to be stretched horizontally. Is there an Elements fix for this, or is this a problem with my monitor? All input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Apr 19, 2008
I would expect it to be a monitor setting. Does it show up the same way in both the organizer and the editor? How about the window’s image viewer?

"Jeff Wright" wrote in message
I recently purchased Elements 6, and a Dell 20" monitor. Now all the pictures in the organizer and edit mode appear to be stretched horizontally. Is there an Elements fix for this, or is this a problem with my monitor? All input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
RG
Roy G
Apr 19, 2008
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
I would expect it to be a monitor setting. Does it show up the same way in both the organizer and the editor? How about the window’s image viewer?

Thanks,

Jeff

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
Hi

Most likely you have your monitor set to the incorrect resolution.

For example it might be a Wide Screen, but set to 1600 x 1200, (which is for non wide format).

The screen res must be in the same proportion as the screen dimensions.

Roy G
JW
Jeff Wright
Apr 20, 2008
Roy,

You’re right. The problem was, in fact, monitor resolution. I tried different settings and found the one that works.

Thanks for your help!!!

Jeff

"Roy G" wrote in message
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message

Thanks,

Jeff

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
Hi

Most likely you have your monitor set to the incorrect resolution.
For example it might be a Wide Screen, but set to 1600 x 1200, (which is for non wide format).

The screen res must be in the same proportion as the screen dimensions.
Roy G

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections