TC
Posted By
thom_chiaramonte
Jul 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop 7 on a Dell Latitude laptop, which is used both with and without external monitor (dual monitor, so desktop extends to second monitor, rather than just replication.) So, I find that if I’ve been using PS where i’ve moved some or all of the PS windows to my external monitor for clarity, then close and later open the application while using simply the laptop’s own monitor, windows and selector boxes will pop up during the use of the app ON THE MISSING MONITOR’s PLANE. Windows knows I’m using one monitor this time around, but PS doesn’t seem to know, and pushes windows onto the monitor that isn’t there. Using "cascade windows" view in the taskbar, which usually compiles all of your open windows for you, doesn’t help. I have to wait until i have attached the exteral monitor again, open PS, open all of those random windows (like color range selection, filter commands, etc) and drag them over to the laptop monitor before shutting down. Then they’ll open on the laptop monitor the next time.

Does PS keep the previous locations of it’s windows cached? How can I push them to a single monitor again more easily?

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections