LL
Posted By
Laura_Levy
May 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I received the Envision 7100SI monitor as a gift and when I open Photoshop receive the following error message

Monitor Profile EN7100si G2.2. D78 appears to be defective. Please rerun your montiors calibration software.

I did not know what this meant and wrote to Envision. They replied with the info I need to configure and I have no idea what to do next.

Phosphor = P22 EBU
White Point = 9300
Gamma = 2.2

Can anyone help me?

Thanks Laura

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MM
Mac_McDougald
May 21, 2004
I’m not the best at color profile knowledge, but it’s late, and I know you want to get going and this should do it…others may have better specific advice later.

Run Adobe Gamma from Control Panel. Use the Wizard version to step through it and do what it says (wizard button if it doesn’t start in wizard mode).

Phosphor = P22 EBU
White Point = 9300
Gamma = 2.2

You’ll see where you can select all three of these values in different parts of the setup.

At the end, SAVE the new profile with a DIFFERENT NAME, like "envision.icc" or whatever, just so you can remember it’s the one you made.

Elements ought to fire up for you then.

This seems to happen often with manufacturer supplied profiles, dunno why exactly (I assume you ran a setup disk when you got the monitor).

Mac
LL
Laura_Levy
May 21, 2004
Thanks Mac,

It worked! Laura

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections