JC
Posted By
Justin C
Jun 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn’t find anything on Google.

We’ve just bought a new monitor for the guy in our art department, it’s an Iiyama VM Pro 454. The image is good and so is the colour rendition from what I can tell. The one problem that has been brought to my attention is that in Photoshop we can’t get it to display white, it comes out with a strong (very) yellow cast.

The confusing thing about this is that the white parts of the UI display white, it’s in images that white looks yellow. If we click the black and white palette ‘reset’ button on the toolbox we end up with black and yellow!

As I said, the monitor is able to show white and does so where we’d expect; it’s photoshop’s rendering of images that have a yellow cast. We’ve even opened images (jpeg) in a web-browser to check before (and after) opeing them in photoshop and they’re fine in the browser but yellow in PhotoShop.

We’re using PhotoShop 5.5 and it’s adequate for our needs so we don’t want to upgrade (and don’t see why we should when it was all working before).

Thanks for any help you can give.

Justin.

Justin C, by the sea.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

D
dplank
Jun 1, 2004
Be sure you have calibrated the monitor. PCs use Adobe Gamma, Macs use Colorsync.

Be sure you have the color settings set correctly. If you do print work set the rgb proflie to Color Match or Adobe RGB. If you do web work set it to sRGB. For CMYK set the profile to SWOP.

Check out the help files for more info.

dp

Justin C wrote:

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn’t find anything on Google.

We’ve just bought a new monitor for the guy in our art department, it’s an Iiyama VM Pro 454. The image is good and so is the colour rendition from what I can tell. The one problem that has been brought to my attention is that in Photoshop we can’t get it to display white, it comes out with a strong (very) yellow cast.

The confusing thing about this is that the white parts of the UI display white, it’s in images that white looks yellow. If we click the black and white palette ‘reset’ button on the toolbox we end up with black and yellow!

As I said, the monitor is able to show white and does so where we’d expect; it’s photoshop’s rendering of images that have a yellow cast. We’ve even opened images (jpeg) in a web-browser to check before (and after) opeing them in photoshop and they’re fine in the browser but yellow in PhotoShop.

We’re using PhotoShop 5.5 and it’s adequate for our needs so we don’t want to upgrade (and don’t see why we should when it was all working before).
Thanks for any help you can give.

Justin.
T
tacitr
Jun 1, 2004

Run Adobe Gamma again, and this time choose the correct monitor white point.

Biohazard? Radiation hazard? SO last-century.
Nanohazard T-shirts now available! http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
JC
Justin C
Jun 2, 2004
In article , Tacit wrote:

Run Adobe Gamma again, and this time choose the correct monitor white point.
Bingo. I wanted to try that but I couldn’t remember what it was called! It’s been a very long time (over 5 years) since we did the install. Thanks for your help.

Justin.

Justin C, by the sea.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections