JH
Posted By
Joe_Holt
Jun 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m in the process of moving all of my images to a new computer (windows), but I’m not sure how to assure that my collections will move with the re-installaion of Elements 3.0. Can anyone give me some help with this issue? Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 2, 2005
Joe…..

I’ve just done this in the last week on a PC. You need to locate your Catalog and database files and move them over to the new PC in the same place. Mine were in My Pictures\Adobe\Colin’s Catalog

Colin
JH
Joe_Holt
Jun 2, 2005
Colin:

There is no ‘Catalog’ file in either My Pictures/Adobe or in the Adobe Program Files. Any other suggestion?

Joe
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 2, 2005
Joe….

Try searching your Documents and Settings for *.psa I think I put mine somewhere easier to find than where Elements defaults them to.

Colin
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jun 2, 2005
Joe….

If you go to Edit>Prefences>Files it will tell you where your Catalog is.

Colin
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 2, 2005
The folder is probably hidden. You’d need to make hidden folders visible – an option in Windows Explorer.
JH
Joe_Holt
Jun 2, 2005
Thanks Colin. My files are all visible, but elements buried this file. I found it and I presume that I simply copy the file to a similar location in the new installation. Thanks for your help.

Joe
CW
Colin Walls
Jun 2, 2005
I presume that I simply copy the file to a similar location in the new installation

You can locate it anywhere that suits you. Then just double-click on it to open the catalog.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections