KW
Posted By
Kathleen_Wattle
Jan 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the full PS 6.o and the upgrade to CS on my main computer and my laptop. I need to move it to my new laptop because the old laptop is no longer being used. I know there are "issues" with the "key" and registering it but I don’t know were to begin. Do I just uninstall via Windows/Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs and then reinstall on the new machine? How does the "key" get unlocked so I can have the second license for my new machine? Do I have to do anything special to make this happen?

I recall reading a lot of people having problems moving to a new machine (regarding the "key" being stuck so it thinks you are trying to install on 3 machines instead of the allowed two machines). Of course I didn’t save any of those discussions (couple years ago) but now I’d like to read about it before I just plunge in. I’ve searched but can’t seem to find any topics on this…

Any advice or links to previous discussions appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 8, 2007
Because Adobe apparently "reset" the number of activations after a period of time, you should have no trouble simply reinstalling on your new machine and activating in the normal way.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jan 9, 2007
Kathleen,

Adding to what Chris said, just try doing the install and see if PS CS activates successfully. If not, then you will have to call Adobe Customer Service for personal support anyway, using the phone number provided in the activation dialog. There is no other way to try doing an installation of PC CS, unlike PS CS2 where you can select Transfer Activation as an option in the Help Menu or during an uninstall.

Regards,

Daryl

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections