how burn photo collection w/o windows rearranging?

B
Posted By
bogus
May 16, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I took a series of shots of motorcycles at an event, and within Elements 4.0 created a collectdion wherein each bike was shot in a specific series of left, right, front, and back. There are many bikes shot in this manner. I arranged them so that they are in the order i want them viewed within the collection. The problem is when I copied the collection and then burned it, windows had re-arranged them according to the date they were taken. Is there a way to burn a collection in the exact order they appear on Elements screen?
Thanks in Advanc.
mike

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Charley
May 17, 2007
Not sure if this will work, but you might try to set up windows to sort by name rather than by date (hopefully your file names are in sequence).

If that doesn’t work you will probably need to arrange your photos by putting them into a program like PowerPoint where you place each photo into a sort of slide show. That way each photo will always display in the sequence that you placed them and not organized by date, filename, or the whim of the computer.

Charley

"~Mike Hollywood" wrote in message
Hi,
I took a series of shots of motorcycles at an event, and within Elements

created a collectdion wherein each bike was shot in a specific series of left, right, front, and back. There are many bikes shot in this manner.
I
arranged them so that they are in the order i want them viewed within the collection. The problem is when I copied the collection and then burned
it,
windows had re-arranged them according to the date they were taken. Is there a way to burn a collection in the exact order they appear on Elements screen?
Thanks in Advanc.
mike

B
bogus
May 18, 2007
hey charley,
thanks for the power point idea.
too bad you cant just keep them the way elements
displays them, and then burn them.
Hopefully adobe will ad that feature.
I’ll write to them and ask for it.
thanks again,
mike

"Charley" wrote in message
Not sure if this will work, but you might try to set up windows to sort by name rather than by date (hopefully your file names are in sequence).
If that doesn’t work you will probably need to arrange your photos by putting them into a program like PowerPoint where you place each photo into
a sort of slide show. That way each photo will always display in the sequence that you placed them and not organized by date, filename, or the whim of the computer.

Charley

"~Mike Hollywood" wrote in message
Hi,
I took a series of shots of motorcycles at an event, and within Elements

created a collectdion wherein each bike was shot in a specific series of left, right, front, and back. There are many bikes shot in this manner.
I
arranged them so that they are in the order i want them viewed within the collection. The problem is when I copied the collection and then burned
it,
windows had re-arranged them according to the date they were taken. Is there a way to burn a collection in the exact order they appear on Elements screen?
Thanks in Advanc.
mike

R
Roger
May 18, 2007
On May 16, 5:13 pm, "~Mike Hollywood" wrote:
Hi,
I took a series of shots of motorcycles at an event, and within Elements 4.0 created a collectdion wherein each bike was shot in a specific series of left, right, front, and back. There are many bikes shot in this manner. I arranged them so that they are in the order i want them viewed within the collection. The problem is when I copied the collection and then burned it, windows had re-arranged them according to the date they were taken. Is there a way to burn a collection in the exact order they appear on Elements screen?
Thanks in Advanc.
mike

You could perhaps copy the pictures to a temporary collection and rename each file by adding a number in front of the name. 001 for the file you want viewed first, 002 for the next one, and so on.

That is what I do to arrange MP3s in the correct order for burning a CD. Otherwise the music, or the pictures, will be in alphanumeric order.

Roger

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections