KG
Posted By
kris_gilchrist
May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just recently purchased Photoshop Elements 3.0 and the person who sold it to me neglected to provide the users guide that comes with the product. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a copy or know where I can get my hands on one. Adobe wants to charge me $20.00 for the guide! Can anyone recommend a good book so that I can tutor myself? I’m pretty computer savvy, but am feeling slightly overwhelmed with all of the options and no guide to refer to.
Thanks for your help.

Kris

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 25, 2005
Kris …

I’m with Tom … that book is far better than the small users guide.

Wendy
LM
Lou_M
May 25, 2005
Ditto Tom & Wendy on the book. It’s very comprehensive.

If you’re more a photographer than a painter, Scott Kelby’s book is great for instant answers (but not much depth).

When you want to expand to more detail, get Richard Lynch’s book (Hidden Power).
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 25, 2005
That’s the best there is. From A to Z, in a well written book 🙂

Ray
KG
kris_gilchrist
May 25, 2005
Thank you all for your suggestions. I ordered The Missing Manual and was able to find it brand new for $20.00 on the internet. I’m sure it’s a much better investment than spending $20.00 for the users guide!

-Kris
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 25, 2005
Kris …

You made a wise choice 🙂

Wendy
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 26, 2005
Kris,

Another reason not to spend the $20 for the guide is that it is included as a pdf file on the CD: "Getting Started Guide".

Bob
NR
nigel_rogers
May 26, 2005
Have a look at Adobes "Classroom in a Book. Available for about £20 from Computer Manuals, via the net. Regards. Nogs
W
w._david_conant
May 26, 2005
There is a Photoshop Elements 3 for dummies book that helped me.

David
IM
I_Murphy
Jun 1, 2005
hi kris,

i noticed that you ordered the missing manual last week and i was wondering where you found it for that great price? my software is suppose to arrive tomorrow and i’d like to purchase this book.

thank you.
indera

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections