Posted By
Ryan_Roberts
Jun 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I’ve been trying to read the previous forums on this topic and none of the advice has worked for me. I am running Photoshop 7.0 on Windows XP. It has been running fine for several years until this week.

I ran the Spyder 2 Suite to calibrate my laptop and LCD monitor and now the problem has arisen. One of the software’s requests was to disable Adobe Gamma so I deleter my Adobe Gamma Loader.exe file from the start up folder.

As I went to create a new file in Photoshop, nothing would happen. The whole drop down menu for File was grayed out and I would have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of Photoshop. I then uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, as well as uninstalled the Spyder software and still can’t create a new file.

I checked and my Adobe Gamma Loader is back in the startup folder.

I also tried deleting my printer and took down my firewall like other posts have listed but those also did not work.

Please help!!!! I need to get back to some work asap!

Thanks,
Ryan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 30, 2008
try resetting your preferences per the faq:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

also make sure you’re running ps 7.01 there were tons of bug fixes in that update over vers 7.0.
RR
Ryan_Roberts
Jun 30, 2008
Is there a download patch for 7.01?

I’ll try resetting my preferences. Thanks!
RR
Ryan_Roberts
Jun 30, 2008
Hey, by deleting my preferences, it’s working again!!!

Thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 1, 2008
no prob ryan, glad to hear. thanks for linking ed, i was too lazy busy at work before… 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections