Closed
using windows xp home edition., with photoshop cs2, and 2 gb ram,

canon pixma mp800 printer

I just want to know how to open a TXT file in CS2

keith
JO
Jim_Oblak
Aug 22, 2007
Copy from word processor. Paste in Photoshop.
KD
keith_drewery
Aug 23, 2007
thank you Jim for your advice. I have tried but failed. Photoshop CS2 COMES UP WITH THE MESSAGE " COULD NOT COMPLETE THE REQUEST BECAUSE IT IS NOT THE RIGHT KIND OF DOCUMENT "
I had a similar problem with JPEG 2000 until I downloaded the plug in, I was hoping that there is a plug in to solve my problem.

anyway thanks again

Keith
N
nospam
Aug 23, 2007
wrote in message
thank you Jim for your advice. I have tried but failed. Photoshop CS2 COMES UP WITH THE MESSAGE " COULD NOT COMPLETE THE REQUEST BECAUSE IT IS NOT THE RIGHT KIND OF DOCUMENT "
I had a similar problem with JPEG 2000 until I downloaded the plug in, I was hoping that there is a plug in to solve my problem.

anyway thanks again

Keith

Open up the RTF file in MS-Word or another text editor.
Click once on the image you want to copy (you should get boxes around the image when you do this), then hit Ctrl-C to copy the image to your clipboard.

At that point you should be able to paste (Ctrl-V) the image into a CS2 file, or you can paste it into Paint (or another graphic editor) and save it in any format you want.
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 23, 2007
Don’t copy the file, copy the text to the clipboard and paste from there into a Photoshop image, or a text frame in an image.
JO
Jim_Oblak
Aug 23, 2007
Photoshop is an image editor; not a word processor.

The error message of "COULD NOT COMPLETE THE REQUEST BECAUSE IT IS NOT THE RIGHT KIND OF DOCUMENT" should indicate that a word/text document is not the same kind of document as an image. Computers sometimes offer really useful error messages. 🙂
J
joyprinter
Aug 25, 2007
Try using Joy Image Printer
Just download it at: http://www.joyprinter.com