DL
Posted By
Dave_Lugo
Dec 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to "force" Photoshop (Either CS1 or CS2) to open up any image in the CMYK mode? I have several users that are forgeting to convert RGB images to CMYK and is causing problems when going to press.

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
JasonSmith
Dec 16, 2006
You can run an action to convert from RGB>CMYK, There should be one installed by default. Check your actions palette.
DR
Donald_Reese
Dec 17, 2006
I assume you know there are many flavors of cmyk.not sure exactly what your setup is and which would give the best results,but i wanted to put that out there.
DL
Dave_Lugo
Dec 17, 2006
There is an RGB to Grayscale, but no RGB to CMYK. Is this easy to create. It appears to be similar to a Macro.
R
Ram
Dec 17, 2006
It appears to be similar to a Macro.

Exactly.
P
PECourtejoie
Dec 17, 2006
And if you want that action to happen automatically as soon as you open any image, read about the Scripts Events Manager, in File>Scripts
ML
Mark_Larsen
Dec 18, 2006
If you want to batch your action on image folders look at using insert menu item and place conditional mode change this will give more options and less errors

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections