K
Posted By
kwsmith
May 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I own PSA2 and now want to buy an image editor. According to the comparison chart on the Adobe site PSE does everything PSA does but there is no way to upgrade. I recently upgraded from PSA1 to PSA2 and am reluctant to shell out more cash for the same thing just to get some new functionality. If I do though, would I be able to have PSA on one PC and PSE on another and have to 2 share the same catalog and images on a shared drive (WinXP)?

Thanks in advance,
Ken Smith

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Colin Walls
May 18, 2005
PSE 3 includes Organizer, which is, in effect "PSA 3". It has more-or-less a superset of PSA functionality. There was an upgrade price when it was first released, but many people [like me] found that a discount retail was actually cheaper.

If you want an image editor, PSE is excellent. You could regard Organizer as a "free" PSA upgrade thrown in.

Organizer uses an updated catalog format, so it cannot share with PSA, but conversion is simple.

If you are in the UK, Watford Electronics was the cheapest vendor I could find.
CW
Colin Walls
May 18, 2005
BTW, you could share the same pool of images, but not the same catalog. In any case, the catalog is not designed to be multi-user.
K
kwsmith
May 18, 2005
Colin – thanks a lot, that was helpful. I am in Switzerland so I will shop around.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections