MAC/OSX Photoshop Elements 2, Displays "Could not complete your request… Use the ‘Get Info’ c

SW
Posted By
Spence_Wetjen
Aug 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Full Error Message Text:
"Could not complete your request because the file is locked. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in Finder to unlock the file."

I applied the fix as described in the Adobe Support Knowledgebase Document 325856. It had no effect on the problem as the dialog box still pops up.

There are several limited users and one administrator. As expected, Adobe works flawlessly for the Administrator but displays the aformentioned error message to all limited users.

Has anyone else had experience fixing this problem?

Please Help!

Thanks,

Spence

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

KW
Kyle_White
Aug 24, 2004
Hi Spence,

I just gave a ‘Standard’ user account a whirl by opening up a file from the "Shared" directory, making some changes, and then saving the file. Everything went well, until I went to quit PSE2, then I got the same message you’ve been getting.

I then re-started PSE2, opened another image from the "Shared" directory, saved it and closed PSE2 without a problem. Tried this a couple of times, again, and couldn’t reproduce the problem.

So, you’re not seeing things, the problem did exist, but I can’t help solve it because it only gave me the error once and I can’t reproduce it again. (hmmm…he said, while scratching his head.)

Kyle
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 24, 2004
This is just a wild guess, but I’ve become aware of the fact many people who use OS X aren’t in the habit of running maintenance routines, particularly Repair Permissions. Since I have a very poor understanding of how this works – I do it because someone said I should!, I don’t know if that might help or not. It’s certainly worth a try if you haven’t done it lately. I understand messed up permissions can cause all kinds of bizarre things to happen.
T
Tel
Aug 30, 2004
The problem is not that the file is locked but that PE2 uses a cache file and it doesn’t have access to this file for some reason. On installation it’s ok. Repairing permissions doesn’t help.
Try a search for ‘cache’ on the sytem disk, you’ll get thousands but it’s easy to spot any belonging to pe as most are numerical and belong to safari. Check the relevant ones with ‘get info’ and make sure everyone has full access, if not then change them.

Sorry this is the hard way, I can’t remember exactly where the file is…

Tel.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections