KK
Posted By
Ken_Kitch
May 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded elements 3 from Adobe onto my Mac desktop. iBook, sys 10.2, 600+ meg RAM, plenty of disk space. I got a .BIN download mgr setup, an Adobe Download mgr setup, same setup.1, same setup 2. A file PsEI_30_UE_Ret.dmg is also there, which purports to be the program. A second file PsEI_30_UE_Ret is also on desk top. both show 395 or so megs on the "get info" command. When opened, each has the cardboard "install" box. When either are double-clicked OSX opens a window asking which program I want to use to open the file. It suggests "word Perfect 3", not very helpful. Does the ".dmg" indicate a damaged file? what gives. Help, please

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 11, 2005
Hi, Ken. First of all, do you have 10.2.8? Otherwise there’s no point in going on–PE 3 doesn’t work on a lower version of 10.2.

You appear to have expanded the file twice. .dmg is a disk image file, which mounts on your desktop like a drive. All you need to do is double click the little package in there that says Install, in either one. To get rid of the installer when you’re done (and to get rid of the duplicate), you will need to drag them to the trash to eject them. I’d make a backup copy of one first, though, in case you need to reinstall PE 3 sometime.
KK
Ken_Kitch
May 11, 2005
Well, Barbara Brundage, you nailed it. I do not have 10.2.8, and that, obviously, is the problem. Either the Adobe website didn’t specify it or I didn’t read the specs carefully enough. Thank you for your help.

Ken Kitch
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 11, 2005
Well, it is a free update, if you want to be able to use PE 3.
N
narya
May 11, 2005
It states 10.2.8 or 10.3 as minimum here:

< http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelmac/systemreqs.html>

10.2.8 Combo update can be found here:

< http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxupdatecombo_10_ 2_8.html>

Good luck,

Alexander.

Canon Ixus 430 (aka S410) | x86 with XP Pro | PSE v3.0.1 with 3k images | 12" Powerbook soon 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections