R
Posted By
rchanson
Dec 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just bought Photoshop Elements 3 for the Mac. I am running 10.4.3. The program installed fine but then when I try to launch it quits unexpectadly. I see in the things going past fast that it does it just after "building TWAIN menu items" I have tried resetting the preferences by holding command-option-shift with no improvement.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WB
William Bojanowski
Dec 16, 2005
In article ,
"rchanson" wrote:

I just bought Photoshop Elements 3 for the Mac. I am running 10.4.3. The program installed fine but then when I try to launch it quits unexpectadly. I see in the things going past fast that it does it just after "building TWAIN menu items" I have tried resetting the preferences by holding command-option-shift with no improvement.

I’ve got 10.4.3 and Elements 3 runs just fine. Try uninstalling, then reinstall.

Bill
R
rchanson
Dec 16, 2005
I tried reinstalling but that doesn’t seem to help. Same problem. How does one do a total uninstall. There isn’t any uninstall command anywhere that I see.
N
neon
Dec 16, 2005
rchanson wrote:
I tried reinstalling but that doesn’t seem to help. Same problem. How does one do a total uninstall. There isn’t any uninstall command anywhere that I see.
drag the elements folder to the trash
R
rchanson
Dec 16, 2005
I talked to Adobe and they sort of helped me. We determined that the TWAIN plugin is the problem. Dragging it out to the desktop lets the program launch correctly. Now what will I need the TWAIN plug in for? I have also a Epson scanner which has some sort of TWAIN plug in I suppose and also have GraphicConverter. Any ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections