KR
Posted By
Kelvin_Ritchie
Aug 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’d like to purchase a scanner to use on my iBook. Do all the Canons and Epsons have software to allow you to import from PSE directly from the scanner. What scanners are you using with Mac OS 10.3.4 or 10.3.5?
I’m looking for one at $150 or less. I’ve got tons of old family photos I’d like to digitize and enhance (some going back to the 40’s).

Thanks for any advice

Kelvin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JC
Jane Carter
Aug 21, 2004
Hi Kelvin, I have one of the newer Epson scanner/printer combos, its the CX5400 and it works fine. Imports perfectly. I have forgotten how I set up the software, but PSE is very compatible.
It cost less than $200 and I got a $50 rebate.
It is my second Epson, my old one still works fine.
I dont think you can go wrong with either of these brands. Jane
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 21, 2004
Hi Kelvin, I have one of the new combo scanner/printers the Epson CX5400 and it works perfectly with PSE.
You cant go wrong with either brand, and they are quite reasonable in price. Jane
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Aug 21, 2004
Hi Kelvin,

My old Epson 1650 Photo keeps on pluggin away with PSE 2 & 10.3.5. No problems at all. It’s since been replaced by the 1670 < http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?B V_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=35836299>.

Joe
KR
Kelvin_Ritchie
Aug 21, 2004
Thanks, Any Canon users what to chime in? I notice most of the Canon in my price range get their power from the USB connection. Will the iBook power from the USB2 ports be OK? I have a 3 month old iBook G4 1.2ghz model. I think Epson use power supplies.

Kelvin
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Aug 21, 2004
Well, my ancient canon n1240U works just fine, FWIW. It’s the grandaddy of the LIDE scanners.
LM
Lou_M
Aug 21, 2004
Same here with my Canon N670U. I’ve powered it both from an iBook and and PowerBook and had no problems.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections