JL
Posted By
Joe_Lanier
May 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is PE2 compatible with the new Mac OS-X Panther 10.3?
Thanks. Joe Lanier

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KW
Kyle_White
May 2, 2004
Yup!

The only headache I’ve ever had, going from 10.2.3, through the various upgrades, to 10.3.3 is that when I first upgraded to Panther 10.3.0 I turned on FileVault (can you say "OOOPS!"). I turned off FileVault after it ate my PSE2 (and other) preferences files. Trashed the prefs file, reset my prefrences and all was well again. (wheeww!)

Kyle
CS
carl_sutherland
May 2, 2004
Joe,

I have MAC OS X 10.3.3 on a PowerBook and PSE 2 has worked for me. In addition, there are several MAC experts that inhabit this forum who have always been ready and willing to help me which I have needed. Do you have any further questions?

Carl
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 2, 2004
Joe,

No problems here either … I have OSX 10.3.2 on both the iMac and the iBook and PSE2 runs on both.

Hope to install 10.3.3 next week but don’t anticipate any problems with the upgrade.

Wendy
IH
Ingrid_Halvorsen
May 3, 2004
I’ve never had a bit of trouble with PSE2 and my G4 running OSX 10.3.3. You do need administrator status to load the software.
BV
bathsheba_veghte
May 5, 2004
I have a new mac- OS 10.3.2 and new Hp all in one 2410 printer. cannot get elements to print images…I only get a fax dialog box. HP says it is an elemts issue. can someone advise?
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 5, 2004
Did you install the drivers supplied by HP, or did you let OS X’s drivers take over?

The first I’d do is to repair permission right away, then to get the latest drivers from HP, and install those ones. Finally, repair permission again (just in case), and launch Elements.

But there are more knowledgeable people on Mac OS X then me, so perhaps someone else will come up with a better solution.

Ray
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 5, 2004
then to get the latest drivers from HP, and install those ones.

Better double-check first. For several HP models the driver in panther is more up to date than anything on their site.

Are you able to print normally from other applications?
BV
bathsheba_veghte
May 5, 2004
many thanks…uh, how do i repair permission?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 5, 2004
Go to applications>utilities>disk utility. Highlight your hard drive and click the "repair permissions" button. You should really do this before and after all major installations.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 5, 2004
Oh, and it’s not a bad idea to quit all your open applications before you run it.
BV
bathsheba_veghte
May 5, 2004
I downloaded new drivers from HP and all is well. Many thanks again.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections