IS
Posted By
Ian_Skelton
Jun 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just updated to OS 10.3.4 on MAC – one week after installing PE2.02. Now hangs whilst trying to build TWAIN menu – following message in Terminal Windows:

GetDiskFragment returns -2851 for <TWAIN> when trying to load /System/Library/Frameworks/TWAIN.framework/TWAIN.

Any ideas?

Ian

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Jun 1, 2004
Ian,

Have you tried deleting prefs? You may also need to reinstall your Twain devices.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 1, 2004
Just updated to OS 10.3.4 on MAC – one week after installing PE2.02.

2.02?

Is that the version # that shows if you load the Macintosh version?

M
IS
Ian_Skelton
Jun 1, 2004
Actually gives 2.0.2 in the splash screen
IS
Ian_Skelton
Jun 1, 2004
Any idea how to do that on a Mac? I’m fairly new to the platform.

Have tried unistalling my printer and then reinstalling (it is an all-in-one), and also PE itself.

I
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 1, 2004
Now does that mean that there is another version out … mine says 2.0.

As yet I’m still using 10.3.3 but several people have installed 10.3.4 and had no problems with Elements.

Does it say 2.0.2 in both places on the Splash screen?

Wendy
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 1, 2004
Actually gives 2.0.2 in the splash screen

Thanks, wasn’t aware of that…Win is 2.0

M
IS
Ian_Skelton
Jun 1, 2004
Says version 2.0 on the ‘title’ and 2.0.2 on the bottom right of the splash screen. Thats where it seems to hang and wait, so I have a good chance to see it!
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 1, 2004
Any idea how to do that on a Mac?

You mean delete prefs? Quit PE then relaunch it while holding command + shift + option.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 1, 2004
It shows 2.0 here… (Mac OS 10.3.3)
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 1, 2004
What about the fine print at bottom of screen if you do Help/About Photoshop Elements?

Btw, hope the "alternative" treatment for ya is a GOOD alternative.

M
IS
Ian_Skelton
Jun 1, 2004
Yep – tried that – still hangs on trying to access TWAIN stuff – is it a case of deleting a file somewhere to reset the twain options / hardware?
IS
Ian_Skelton
Jun 1, 2004
At the bottom of the splash screen – which is as far as I can go – version 2.0.2, thats to the left of the serial number.

Alternative treatment??
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 1, 2004
Try this, Ian. Go to your home/user>library>preferences folder and throw out com.adobe.photoshop.elements.plist and the adobe preferences folder. (If you have photoshop or full acrobat you may need to re-enter some of your settings after doing this).
IS
Ian_Skelton
Jun 1, 2004
Tried deleting files – and some twain prefs that I found – still no difference!
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 1, 2004
Then I’d move on to part two of Richard’s advice and reinstall any twain devices, like scanners.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 1, 2004
Mac,

It really says 2.0

http://www.pbase.com/image/29646175

As for the alternate treatment, I opted out… There are things better left unknown 😉

Ray
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 1, 2004
Ray

The splash screen on the Window’s version doesn’t have those two beautiful people on it. I feel cheated I at least want the girl on mine the old codger well that is another story!

Grant
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 1, 2004
Ray,

Thats neat 🙂

Wendy
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 1, 2004
Grant,

Those are Photoshop Elements Wizard… They pop in, like Office companion, to help me when in trouble…

http://upload.pbase.com/image/29648188

Sorry… Couldn’t resist… 😉

Ray
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 1, 2004
LOL!!
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 2, 2004
That IS neato Ray…at least the shot of Jodi is 🙂

BUT, I still want to know what’s up: this is Macintosh version grab, right, Ray?

If so, some distributions are 2.0 and some are 2.0.2 for the Mac version? Or what?

M
DS
Dick_Smith
Jun 2, 2004
the old codger well that is another story!

Funny you should mention "codger", Grant. James Kilpatrick dedicated his latest column to the definition of codger, geezer and coot.

Dick

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections