LS
Posted By
Larry_Sigman
May 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have used iPhoto as my photo editor on my iMac G3. I now have both a Mac and PC. I would like to purchase the PS Elements 3.0. Which version, regardless of platform, is more fully featured? Works better? etc…or are the very close to the same?
Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

LM
Lou_M
May 11, 2005
It’s pretty close to a draw.

The editing functions are virtually identical on both Mac and Windows versions. The Windows version has the added functionality of the Organizer, but that’s pretty much duplicated by iLife (plus a lot more) on the Mac side.

Either one would work.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 11, 2005
Larry,

I agree with Lou … as far as editing goes there is little difference between the two.

…. but some of it depends on where you are going to store your photographs in the future. If you are going to continue to store them in iPhoto then I would suggest you go for the Mac version … which has a slightly better file browser.

Wendy
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 11, 2005
I’ll add that since colour management is better on the Mac (integrated throughout the operating system), I’d choose the Mac version. Also, with Spotlight, it’s possible for you to search your pictures by their keywords or comments (amongst other criteria), regardless if iPhoto is running or not.

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections