Switching PC to Mac…. What about my PC version of CS2???

AB
Posted By
A_byrd
Sep 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m considering switching from PC to a new Mac Book Pro….. I know I can run Windows on the new system but obviously would rather run the OS X version whenever possible….. will Adobe allow me to install a Mac version of the Photoshop CS2 without buying a new one? I already bought CS2 for my PC last year. Maybe de-authorize my PC version and allow me to get the Mac version? Anyone have any thoughts on this matter?
Thanx,
Tony

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 4, 2006
Contact Adobe directly, you can get a cross-grade.
RS
Rick_Steven
Sep 4, 2006
No, you can not run a copy of Photoshop built for PC on MacBook Pro running OSX. But you can always install XP on you MacBook Pro and run your PC version of Photoshop on it.
R
Ram
Sep 4, 2006
Rick,

That was not the original poster’s question. :/

========

Tony,

Use the Contact Us button at the top of this page to get the phone number, and call Adobe customer service (NOT "tech support’).

They’ll fix you right up for a nominal fee for shipping the Mac install CDs to you. That’s what Nomad meant by a "cross-grade", which does involve a letter of destruction of your PC version of Photoshop and forfeiture of that PC serial number for purposes of activation and registration of any updates.

You can then use your Macintosh version on two computers, one desktop and one laptop that are not used at the same time.

You will no longer have a license to run your PC version of Photoshop.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections