Posted By
scb
May 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

A friend just told me that he bought a legit copy of PSCS that had the Mac and PC versions on the same disc. I was always of the impression that each version came on its own disc. Might he have gotten a bootleg or pirate copy? I told him I’d ask on the forum here? Is there some version (Corporate?) that comes with both platforms on one CD?

Anyway, if it’s not a legit version he’s going to want to get his $$ back. And no, I don’t know the details of the purchase. For now it’ll be sufficient to know if the copy he’s got is legit.

shel

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BobLevine
May 2, 2005
No…it’s not legit.

Bob
JO
Jim_Oblak
May 2, 2005
The best way to determine if software is legit is to register with Adobe.
S
scb
May 2, 2005
Bob said: No…it’s not legit.

Turns out I misunderstood my friend. He’s not yet purchased the softwar – it was only offered to him. Since it appears not to be legit, he’s going to pass on the purchase. Thanks, Bob.

shel
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 3, 2005
If it’s Photoshop Elements, and not Photoshop, it may be legal. At least Elements 2 had both Win and Mac on the disc. I don’t know about Elements 3.
S
scb
May 3, 2005
If it’s Photoshop Elements, and not Photoshop, it may be legal.

I’ve twice been told it’s PS CS, but since I’ve not seen the disc or tried it, I’ve no personal, confirmed knowledge. Thank!

scb
BH
Bobby_Henderson
May 3, 2005
It is very rare for Adobe is release software "single inventory" with Mac and PC installers on the same disc.

My copy of LiveMotion 1.0 was a Mac/PC disc. If I remember right, the 1.0.1 disc was labeled both Windows and Macintosh, but only had the PC installer.

Frankly, I think Adobe should change its policies and include both Mac and PC installers in single inventory boxes. I would like the freedom of being able to activate Adobe Photoshop on my Dell notebook and then be able to use the 2nd activation on a new dual CPU Mac. Right now I cannot do that. I have to buy a full version of Photoshop for the other platform.

This issue is the real killer that prevents a lot of PC users from being able to try out new Mac systems. It also prevents some Mac users from buying a PC. You wind up having to buy all new software for the new system. For graphics folks, that can more than double the price of a new computer system purchase. I’d like to be able to buy a Mac to run Apple’s Production Suite. But Macs are really expensive and then the extra $1200 I’d be having to spend for the Mac version of Adobe’s creative suite makes the purchase even more of a hardship.

It’s just too bad so many of us are locked into our platforms whether we like them or not. Apple’s concept of "switch" is a lot easier said than done.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections