WE
Posted By
Wendy_E_Williams
May 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just looked at a tablet that came with PSE3 included … and the disk was Windows and Mac !!!

Now why didn’t Adobe do that for the normal one …

Wendy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 6, 2005
That would have been nice, wouldn’t it? I’d noticed they were dual platform as I was poking on sites that are selling the OEMs. Just one more way to get some extra money out of those who run both platforms I guess.

Hmmm. Now that I think about it – has anybody tried putting their "Mac" disc in a Windows machine or vice versa? Maybe I will and see what happens. 🙂
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 6, 2005
New pressure (no pun intended!!) from the market, perhaps? The need to make the product more profitable? A sudden (and welcomed) change of heart?

If I was say, Canon, I’m not sure I’d like to include PSE3 for Win only, knowing that a good share of my customers are Mac users. And having to include a second disk, just for the other platform (Mac or PC) is costly.

Care to tell which product precisely you got? Lots of users will be interested to know that, I’m sure (switchers, for starters, and myself included if I can run both version to better help and you know where..!) Thanks!

Ray
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 6, 2005
The Wacom tablets come with PSE 3 and some other stuff.
<http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/6×8.cfm>
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 6, 2005
Ray …

It was a Wacom tablet that I was looking at and that was where I saw it … but since then I have found out that the calibrating spiders also have a dual version too. Guess cameras are going to go along that route too …

Wendy
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 6, 2005
Wendy, don’t tell me I will have to buy a new cam now… I’m so sad 😀

Though it’s a shame I just bought a Graphire3 with PSE2.

Ray

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections